[Nfbv-announce] NFBV Project RISE Seeking a Marketing Coordinator to start August 1

Tracy Soforenko tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 02:23:05 UTC 2018

Project RISE

Resilience, Independence, Self-Advocacy, Employment

National Federation of the Blind of Virginia (NFBV)

Program Description

Project RISE, (Resilience, Independence, Self-Advocacy, Employment) is a transition program, focusing on providing blind and low vision students with the skills necessary to become competitively employed. These skills will be useful whether the students attend an institution of higher education, a vocational school, or enter the job market directly after high school. Project RISE combines the knowledge of successful blind professionals, the positive philosophy of the NFB, and a strong curriculum to give blind students, between the ages of 14-21, the skills and confidence they need to be successful. This program has the potential of changing the future of blind students. Throughout the year, Project RISE will be coordinated in northern Virginia but we will be expanding the program to include students from across the Commonwealth.

Throughout the 9 months, for Northern Virginia students, students will meet one Saturday a month, for about five hours, participating in workshops designed to make them more competitive in the job market. For students across the Commonwealth, students will meet quarterly and work with mentors throughout the year. Some topic areas include: travel and transportation, independent daily living skills, communication and interview techniques, and dressing appropriately for job settings. Throughout Project RISE, students will have access to successful blind mentors. Finally, students will have volunteer or work experience during the summer months. The Saturday programs will run from September to April, with the final session as a weekend spent at the National Federation of the Blind national center during the month of May.

Role Description

The Project RISE program is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to lead our recruitment and publicity efforts. The Marketing Coordinator will focus on building relationships with and selling our program to parents, vocational rehabilitation professionals, TVIs, and other staff pertinent to the growth of transition-aged youth. You’ll be responsible for setting specific objectives to develop a cohesive marketing plan for our program. This position reports directly to the Program Coordinator and involves a variety of tasks, including recruiting and retaining students, designing marketing campaigns, and publicizing the RISE program on a diverse set of platforms. Ultimately, you should be able to increase our participant count to 25 and ensure brand consistency for years to come.

Application Deadline – Sunday, July 22

Approximate Time – 10 hours a week

 Required Tasks

*         Set specific marketing goals and meet/exceed them;

*         Recruit and retain upward of 25 students to participate in our 9-month program;

*         Design and implement marketing strategies aligned with mission and vision of Project RISE and NFBV;

*         Develop digital campaigns to broaden awareness and sustain branding;

*         Put out biweekly press releases;

*         Build lasting relationships with community members, including TVIs, O&M instructors, teachers, etc.;

*         Distribute fliers, newsletters, and brochures to relevant stakeholders;

*         Research market to identify new and innovative opportunities for funding and participant audiences;

*         Generate innovative ideas to promote our program;

*         Create a program logo;

*         Manage Project RISE web site;

*         Perform other tasks as outlined by the Program Coordinator.

Application Details

This position is an independent contractor position and there are no benefits associated with this role.

We anticipate an August 1 start date and a position duration of 3-4 months.

To apply, send your resume in a Microsoft  Office Compatible format to Tracy Soforenko.

tracy.soforenko at gmail.com <mailto:tracy.soforenko at gmail.com>

Telephone interviews will be scheduled for the week of July 23.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com>

www.nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org>

www.nfbv.org <http://www.nfbv.org>

National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want