[Nfbv-announce] The Vigilant: July 2018

Joe jsorozco at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 19:41:49 UTC 2018

Hello,

The Vigilant is here! Though we'll work to bring you more recollections from
Orlando in the issues to come, we have a fair amount to pass along. Please
send us material, including any tagged photos you may want to share.

This month's issue includes:

1. From the President's Desk

* Welcome Concert

* Visiting chapters

* August 4 NFB of Virginia Board meeting

2. This Month's Words of Inspiration by Debbie Wunder

3. Thank You, Convention Hospitality Workers

By Nancy Yeager

4. 2018 National Convention-The Table Chronicles

By Earl Everett

5. The Culmination | Project RISE Pilot Concludes with Bells Ringing!

By Arielle Silverman

6. State Convention 2018: Fredericksburg on the Horizon

By Joe Orozco

7. News Items in Brief

* VFO, Owner of JAWSR Screen Reader, First to Implement Aira Access for
Products - Aira

* Google renames TalkBack app to Android Accessibility Suite with latest
update

* Envision brings the visual world to life for blind people

* Freedom Scientific partners with Computers for the Blind to give the best
computing experience to those who need it

8. NFB Pledge

You can read the newsletter here:

http://www.nfbv.org/vigilant-july-2018/

At your service,