[Nfbv-announce] The Vigilant: October 2018

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 00:49:52 UTC 2018

In this issue:

Umm, actually, hold on a second. *insert screeching breaks here.* Some of
you may not have paid attention to the past several messages regarding
registration and hotel rooms and on and on. The deadline is coming up this
week! The deadline is Friday, October 26 at 5 PM.

If you have not reserved a room, please do so quick-like. You can either
call: 540-786-8321, or you can click on:

https://reservations.travelclick.com/15003?groupID=206747#/guestsandrooms

Remember, I'm being mean this year and not reserving extra rooms for
stragglers.

To pre-register, please review all the ways to do so off our convention
landing page:

http://www.nfbv.org/convention

Finally, the state convention agenda is now online. Please find it here:

http://www.nfbv.org/agenda2018/

Okay, now onto this month's issue...

1. From the President's Desk

* 2018 National Federation of the Blind of Virginia Convention

* Project RISE Growing State Wide

* Virginia Chapter Leadership Institute

* Virginia Affiliate Nominating Committee

* Virginia Affiliate Audit committee

* Visiting Chapters

2. This Month's Words of Inspiration

3. Platinum Sponsor: Free Aira Site Access at National Federation of the
Blind State Conventions

4. Virginia Department for the Blind and Vision Impaired: ANNOUNCEMENT OF
PUBLIC MEETING

5. Introducing You to the Hospitality House By Joe Orozco

6. It is not about chapter size. It is about chapter effectiveness By John
Bailey, President - Fairfax Chapter

7. Tech it Out! NEW Technology and Food Discussion

8. NFB Pledge

Read the entire issue here:

http://www.nfbv.org/vigilant-october-2018/

Joe Orozco, Editor