[Nfbv-announce] 2018 Action Auction reminder & First List of Items

patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 29 02:00:13 UTC 2018

>From Jacki Brown, Auctioneer

jacquelinestonebrown at comcast.net

Hear Ye!  Hear Ye!  The NFB of Virginia will be having an Auction at its state convention in Historic Fredericksburg, Virginia – November 9-11, 2018

Bring your donated items to the convention.  We will accepting items on Friday.  We’ll be auctioning a few items Friday morning at the Board meeting.  Then just like last year there will be tables set up with the items offered.  Other auction items will be offered in the meeting room during the morning session on Saturday, at the Banquet Saturday Night and in the meeting room on Sunday morning.

It is important for you to be at all the meetings and the banquet.  Otherwise you might miss out on your favorite auction item.  Items will be displayed outside the main meeting room on Friday and in the main meeting room on Saturday and Sunday.  On Friday the Action auction volunteers will accept items for auction and describe each item to all who stop by.

We will accept cash, checks or debit/credit cards.  All payments need to be received by noon on Sunday, November 12, 2018.  Individual restrictions and expiration dates apply.  Please see the items for details.  We have many great items and little time so we will be conducting the auction FAST!

For your convenience, we have listed the items we currently have to offer.  There will be additions to this list as we expect more items to arrive.  The items will not be presented for bid in the order of this list – but by whim of the Auctioneer.

INITIAL LIST OF AUCTION ITEMS AS OF 10/28/18:

1. A Gift Basket full of different types of HONEY from Shepherdstown, West Virginia (Value $130).…Donated by Michael Austin, accepted by the Winchester Chapter.

2. A Bottle of Chocolate Raspberry Moonshine from Charlestown, West Virginia (Value $40.00)…Donated by Christopher and Jim Walker, Winchester Chapter.

3. Three boxes of homemade No-Bake Cookies and Chocolate Fudge made by Christopher Walker (Value $30 per Box) …  Donated by Christopher Walker

4. One box of homemade Lemon Cookies and one box of homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies made by Brittany Fraer (Value: Priceless)…Donated by Brittany Fraer, Richmond Chapter.

5. A Box full of scrumptious Baked Goods from Little Irv’s Bakery in Fredericksburg (Value $30+) Donated by Jody Silverberg, Chef Owner of Little Irv’s Bakery in Fredericksburg, VA

6. An “Old-time” Pewter Tea Set.  This is a true collectible.  It was given as a wedding present to a couple quite a few years back. (Value $350+) Donated by Sarah Blumberg’s Mother, Potomac Chapter.

7. A Virginia Gift Basket containing :2 bottles of Virginia wine-one white and one red; a $50.00 gift certificate to Walmart’s; a small box of spices to make mulled cider or tea, and more to be added.  Donated by Jacki and Charlie Brown

8. A Beautiful Cat Basket full of items for the Cat Lover: Ladies Large Black Sweatshirt with “Meow” on it, a black baseball type cat hat, two small framed sayings(one with Garfield) and a small cat statuette(Value $30+).            Donated by Paula Kelsey, Winchester Chapter

9. From outer space comes Robbie the Robot, a talking key chain. Hear: “Danger, Danger, Will Robinson,” Warning, Warning!”” This does not Compute”, when you reach for your keys.  Comes with a ladies black star studded t-shirt size. LG. (Value: Priceless)...Donated by Paula Kelsey, Winchester Chapter.

MORE ITEMS FOR SALE WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON.  THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE DONATED ITEMS AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO WILL BID ON THESE ITEMS.

REMEMBER: THIS IS OUR ORGANIZATION AND WE MUST INVEST IN OURSELVES!

SEE YOU AT CONVENTION….JACKI

Sarah Patnaude

patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com

(804) 591-6153