[NFBV-Announce] Input Needed for August 17 NFB of Virginia Meeting

tracy.soforenko at gmail.com tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 03:08:07 UTC 2019

Hi Virginia Federationists,

Our special August 17 Board of Directors meeting is approaching quickly. We
have over 70 members of the Virginia Federation family including 20 of our
Virginia students. When you add another 30 students from across the country,
we will have a tremendous crowd to meet with President Riccobono.

We are asking for your assistance to make the afternoon's programming a
success.

A.	August Agenda Items - If you have items to include on the agenda for
the August meeting, please email them to me by Saturday, August 10.
B.	Questions for the Town Hall with President Riccobono - One key focus
of the board meeting will be the town hall membership discussion with
President Riccobono. With such a large group, it would help to have some of
your questions in advance so we might organize questions and address
duplicates. If you can send me questions by Saturday (8/10) night, I can
compile questions. This doesn't prevent anyone from asking questions on the
spot, but time will be limited. Additionally, some questions will probably
be more appropriate to be addressed in Virginia including questions about
Virginia specific services and challenges. . .
C.	State Convention Ideas & Suggestions - A second key focus for the
board meeting is collecting input on our November state convention. We want
your suggestions on the programming you would find most impactful for you
and for blind people from across the Commonwealth. If you have
recommendations for Friday and Saturday seminars, topics for the general
session, breakouts, presenters, and other programming, we want to hear them.
Again, if you can email ideas to me in advance, I can compile the
recommendations. However, please be aware that our convention happens
through the engagement of hundreds of volunteers so if you raise a
suggestion, you might be stepping forward to create the programming you
desire.

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

 <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com> Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com

 <http://www.nfb.org> www.nfb.org

 <http://www.nfbv.org> www.nfbv.org

National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want