[NFBV-Announce] Logistics for this Weekend

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 04:23:49 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

Here is pertinent information for our mini convention. Erm, affiliate board
meeting, plus regional student seminar, plus Chapter Leadership Institute...

1. Hotel and Transportation

THE WESTIN TYSONS CORNER

7801 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, Virginia 22043

Telephone: (703)893-1340

If you're taking the shuttle from the Silver Line at Tysons Corner, the
shuttle leaves every hour at 20 Minutes after the hour from the Tysons
corner metro south side entrance, at the bus stop by the Lord and Taylor
department store.

Recommendation: Call the hotel and let them know you're expecting the
shuttle so they can look out for you. Remember the shuttle will drive you
anywhere free of charge within a 3-mile radius.

2. Dog Relief Area

The designated spot for guide dogs is outside the main entrance of the hotel
and to the left. A trash can will be set up a few steps from the main
entrance. Please ask the front desk staff for directions if you get turned
around.

3. Lunch Arrangements

The following information is primarily for the general membership and does
not apply to students or CLI participants.

If you're local to the area and are thinking about arriving before 11:45 AM,
kindly rearrange your thinking and get there closer to noon.

If you're joining us from another part of the state and get there before
11:45, please go to the Willow Room. This is a designated holding area,
because there will be active programming already in progress. Come into the
hotel lobby and take your first left-hand hallway. A marshal will be on hand
to help direct you. If the marshal is missing in action, please let me know
so that we never ask them to volunteer again. :) The Willow Room will be the
first meeting room on your left.

At or around 11:45, we'll start the lunch distribution process. There will
be a registration table near the Willow Room where people who need to pay
for lunch can do so and collect their ticket. If you did not identify
yourself as someone interested in a boxed lunch, please wait until everyone
else on the list has been attended to before requesting a box. Boxes are
$15, and Sean will be equipped to take cash or card. If you pay by card,
we're going to charge you an additional dollar to cover the processing fee.

The lunch distribution itself will occur outside of Oaks 1.

Please, this is important, Nick and Gerald will be in charge of distributing
the boxed lunches. If you have already identified yourself as someone with a
special dietary need, give either of them your name. You are on a list, and
they will know whether to disseminate vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, or
kosher. Do not under any circumstance decide on Saturday morning that you
feel like trying a special diet. As much as I pick on my special people, I
am highly protective of them and will be irritated if they do not get the
lunch they asked for.

Please help by collecting your lunch and quickly finding a seat in Oaks 1 so
that we may flow smoothly into President Riccobono's keynote address.

And I think that's it. If I missed anything, call or write. If you have
questions about student programming, find Kathryn Webster. If you have
questions about the board meeting, talk to President Soforenko, and if you
want to know more about the blind parents' meeting, see Jessica Reed.

Very much looking forward to seeing y'all soon.

Best,

Joe Orozco, Event Operations