[NFBV-Announce] Using Uber with your guide dog - We need your reports this month

tracy.soforenko at gmail.com tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 18:25:46 UTC 2019

We need help from guide dog users who use Uber or Lyft.

The National Federation of the Blind is committed to ensuring guide dog
users can travel using Uber or Lyft without discrimination. Our ride share
monitoring program allows you to share both good and challenging experiences
which will be addressed directly with the companies. This year, we didn't do
a great job reminding people to report their experiences and the number of
reports from Virginia for Uber went way down. However, you can help us catch
up by logging a few of your ride experiences in Virginia during December
2019. By logging your positive and negative experiences, you help us honor
our commitment to this important work and contribute to the Virginia
affiliate's efforts.

So, take a few minutes to log your rides this month and we will continue to
provide reminders.

For general information about the program with links to the Uber and Lyft
forms, go to:

https://www.nfb.org/programs-services/legal-program/uber-and-lyft-survey/ube
r-and-lyft-information

However, we are especially focused on logging your Uber rides this month.
The direct survey link can be found at:

https://www.nfb.org/programs-services/legal-program/uber-and-lyft-survey

Thank you for your commitment to holding ride share organizations
accountable.

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

 <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com> Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com

 <http://www.nfb.org> www.nfb.org

 <http://www.nfbv.org> www.nfbv.org

National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want