[Nfbv-announce] Richmond Chapter Chili Cook-Off

Domonique Lawless dlawless86 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 19:33:44 UTC 2019

Happy Monday!

Guess what is just less than two weeks away? If you guessed the third
annual Richmond Chapter Chili Cook-Off, then you are absolutely right!
This year, our event will be at the always trendy Strangeways Brewing Co.
located at 2277 Dabney Rd. It will be on March 23, from 12:00PM-4:00PM. The
entrance fee is $7 before the 23rd and $10 at the door. The competition fee
to enter your world famous chili is $10. We accept cash, cash app, and
venmo. Please call Gerald at 804-243-3980 for payment arrangements. The
contestants here in RVA are already taking things very seriously. I know of
at least three test batches of chili that have already been made so far. If
the competition is warming up like this now, I can’t wait to see what it’s
like the day of the cook-off! Come out and see if last year’s winner can
defend her title.

This year, we will be bringing back Melody’s Old Fashioned Cake Walk with
cakes made or donated by our chapter members. We will also be having an
auction and many other exciting activities. On behalf of the Richmond
Chapter, we hope you can come out to Strangeways and spend the afternoon
with us! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at
dlawless86 at gmail.com or call me at 615-904-4225.

See you soon!

Domonique Lawless

President,

National Federation of the Blind of Virginia, Richmond Chapter