[Nfbwa-students] hello from a new member

Eden Kizer eden420 at centurylink.net
Sun Jan 4 15:09:14 UTC 2015

Hello, i don't know if my post is appropriate as I have yet to renew my
membership since I just found a chapter to go to, and i have yet oto
tehcnically enter school although I am doing an ed2go course from Clark
College in Wordpress, but I find the wording often difficult to follow
with the instructions totally leaving out accessible ways to accomplish
the same tasks with a keyboard that you would accomplish with a mouse.
At any rate, I am also going to take courses online through CAVI< but I
really want to go back to school.  I think my interest lies in
computers, but i really am not sure which part.  I think I would enjoy
working with assisitive technology and would love to be able to provide
reasonable tech support for blind persons or for anyone if I worked for
a company, and I am wishing to do web design also.  I was told by
another blind friend that she was concerned that as a blind web designer
that I could not make designs that would look nice to a sighted person,
but I don't know how you guys feel, but I know a lot of blind people who
made websites, but obviously, I do not know how they look to sighted people.

At any rate, I have some ideas but not sure if a two-year computer
degree is best or some 4-year degree.  I already have an AA from
Florida, and I went through a year and half through social work at
Florida State years ago before realizing I don't want to work in the
public, i want to work from home.  I also thought about going to school
for medical transcription.  I'd be curious to know your guys, thoughts
on anything I've talked about.  You can e-mail privately or on list is
fine.  I look forward to making new friends, learning things and
hopefully being able to give somehthing back and get a better experience
from my newere colege experiences.

Eden