[nfbwatlk] strange phone call

carl jarvis carjar at olypen.com
Thu Nov 13 05:16:35 UTC 2008

Hi Kaye,
It's something to be on guard against, but there are legit folks calling
from their homes, soliciting money for various charities.  There are also
the ones who think they can pick up a little spare money.
Not being able to tell one from the other, I tell the ones that we
contribute to on a regular basis, to send us the information and a return
envelope.
The folks who call with requests that we don't care to give to, we dismiss
quickly.  I have no problem cutting into someone's sales pitch, and hurry
them along to their next call.  I'm not rude, I just say, "Sorry" and hang
up.

Carl Jarvis