[nfbwatlk] The ecane

carl jarvis carjar at olypen.com
Thu Nov 20 17:16:50 UTC 2008

Once upon a time, long, long ago and far, far away, blind men and women
hooted and hollered at the fellow who strode down the street sporting a long
white travel cane.
"What's the world coming to?"  they'd ask one another.
"The short cane was good enough for grandpa, and it's good enough for me!"
Maybe we ought to hold our fire for a bit.  We might all be using some
gadget like the Ecane in the future.  I'm looking for a hands-free tool.
One that I can hook around my neck or tuck in my shirt pocket and it will
give me exact directions and all the information I want.
Actually, I'm waiting for one of those Buck Rogers belts that you strap on
and it flies you where ever you tell it to go.
In the meantime I'll stick with my cane.  But it's probably a transitional
tool at best.

Carl Jarvis

No virus found in this outgoing message
Checked by PC Tools AntiVirus (5.0.0.22 - 10.100.057).
http://www.pctools.com/free-antivirus/