[nfbwatlk] Fw: IDEA Spec Ed IEP Law help book-bilingual (Spanish)

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Oct 26 16:05:16 UTC 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carrie Gilmer" <carrie.gilmer at gmail.com>
To: "'Professionals in Blindness Education Division List'"
<pibe-division at nfbnet.org>; "'NOPBC Board of Directors'"
<nopbc-board at nfbnet.org>; "'Parents of Blind Children State Presidents
List'" <pobc-presidents at nfbnet.org>; "'NFBnet Blind Kid Mailing
List,(for parents of blind children)'" <blindkid at nfbnet.org>
Cc: "'Carranza, Rosy'" <RCarranza at nfb.org>; "'Scott C. LaBarre'"
<slabarre at labarrelaw.com>; "'Dunnam,Jennifer'" <JDunnam at nfb.org>;
"'robert stigile'" <rstigile at sbcglobal.net>; <ericholm at att.net>; "'Joya
C Bromeland'" <JCBromeland at District287.org>; "'Krezguy'"
<krezguy at cox.net>; "'Thorpe,Mary Jo'" <MThorpe at nfb.org>; "'Wilson,
Joanne'" <JWilson at nfb.org>; "'Fredric Schroeder'" <fschroeder at sks.com>;
"'Mark Riccobono'" <MRiccobono at nfb.org>; "'Bachicha,Jessica'"
<JBachicha at nfb.org>; "'Ron and Jan Gardner'" <ronandjan at qwest.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2008 8:07 AM
Subject: [blindkid] IDEA Spec Ed IEP Law help book-bilingual (Spanish)

Greetings All,

FYI: I received yesterday a wonderful thing from Barbara Cheadle. It is
bi-ligual edition of a great book that seems comparable to the
wrightslaw
book on IDEA and IEP's. Please if any of you have a Spanish speaking
family
pass this book information along. If the family can not purchase it
perhaps
you could provide assistance or ask your affiliate president for
assistance
in getting it. The book is in Spanish and in English. It was done by
Randy
Chapman, the director of legal services for the Legal Center for People
with
Disabilities in Colorado. I am so thrilled to have found out about this
book
as I have met more and more Spanish speaking families who could really
benefit from this book.

Here is the book info:

Title: The Everyday Guide to Special Education Law; Guia De La Ley De
Educacion Especial; Una Guia para Padres, Maestros y Otros Profesionales
Academicos

ISBN Number: 978-0-9770179-1-1

To find more:

Contact: Shaira Cruz at 800-786-1764 prguru at prpr.net

Best,

Carrie Gilmer, President

A Division of the National Federation of the Blind

NFB National Center: 410-659-9314

Home Phone: 763-784-8590

carrie.gilmer at gmail.com

www.nfb.org/nopbc