[nfbwatlk] FW: [OandM] low vision, my story

Joanne Laurent joanne at blindcoach.com
Tue Oct 28 01:48:35 UTC 2008

I am forwarding a story, that I think you'll like, from the O&M listserv.
This is one person's personal story about her struggle to be allowed to use
a cane. She was writing in response to frustrated teachers' who must
constantly deal with parents who resist allowing their kids to use canes or
other non-visual skills.