[nfbwatlk] GRRR!!!

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu Apr 9 04:21:21 UTC 2009

Well, I loged into MLB's Media Center yesterday and listened to the
Mariners' game without difficulty (except that Brandon Morrow blew it!!
Hafta get his diabetes under control!) And I know I paid (I have premium
access) because the $109.95 went thru on my Visa on April 2.

But today the damned media player had a lot of Flash content without
which one couldn't log in. Only problem is I couldn't log in even with
Flash content turned on. The "email" and "password" fields showed up
just fine -- Flash content can be made accessible (CBS Radio's player is
a good example) -- but the "log in" button wasn't properly labeled for
screen-readers. So I couldn't log in! GRRR!!!

I'm gonna call MLB tomorrow but since I'm not talking with programmers,
I hold out little hope.

It is my understanding that ACB is engaging in their much-self-vaunted
"structured negotiations" with MLB to make web access easier. So much
for structured negotiations!

Hell even the Flash content on the NHL web site was more accessible than
this, if a bit obscure!

I will never grasp why light-dependent people are in a never-ending,
never-fulfilled quest to achiev the max in eyeball-twiddling gewgaws on
their computer screens! We worry about the lack of braille literacy!
Hell, I'm worried about the lack of literacy PERIOD!

Oh well.

Mike