[nfbwatlk] Dick Edlund

Tue Jan 6 14:59:16 UTC 2009

I had a call this morning to let me know, that our long time friend, and
former treasurer of the National Federation of the Blind, Richard Edlund
has died.  He was most recently in hospice. Dick will be remembered for
many things, his caring attitude for all blind persons, his fights with
sheltered shop workers to organize, his  knack at getting on airplanes
and traveling at a moment's notice, his ability to tell numerous stories
and jokes in any category you could name, his great social skills,
(including, I might add, a tremendous taste for scotch, which I shared
with him on numerous occasions).

I will certainly miss Dick.  His partner, Pela has been steadfast, by
his side during his decline, and she  and the rest of his family deserve
our thoughts and prayers at this time of their loss.

I don't have any other details of service arrangements, etc, but I'm
sure others will take care of that information.

This is a sad day for me, but I'm glad he isn't in pain any more.

/s/

Bennett Prows