[nfbwatlk] earthquake! I can't believe it!

gloria fairyfoot at webband.com
Fri Jan 30 19:25:33 UTC 2009

So does my twin brother!

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Kristina Lawrence
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 11:10 AM
To: NFB of Washington Talk Mailing List
Subject: Re: [nfbwatlk] earthquake! I can't believe it!

Nope, slept right through that one. Darn... I like a LITTLE earthquake now
and then. Reminds me of home in California <g>

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 6:21 AM, Lauren Merryfield <lauren1 at catliness.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
> I was on my computer at 5-25 this morning when suddenly I heard and felt
this crash!  It was as if something had rammed into my home.  It only lasted
a couple seconds but it was loud!  It startled me and it didn't take long
for me to realize it was an earthquake.

> I had KOMO radio on and sure enough, they felt something in the studio and
then all kinds of people, including me, called in.  So I was on the radio,
being from Marysville and having felt the earthquake here.

> They are saying the epicenter was around Kingston, about 15 miles
northwest of Seattle, so perhaps those of us up here actually felt it more.
They're saying it was 4.6 on the Richter scale and no damage reported.
Whew!  It sure spooked me out!  The cats didn't seem bothered though I don't
have Jaspur anymore, who probably would have said something about it.  Wow!
my 2nd earthquake; January 30, 2009.

> Did anyone else feel it?
> Thanks
> Lauren
> When rays of sunlight break through the clouds on a gloomy day, it is
> a welcome reminder that the sun is always shining--whether I see it or
> not.--from Daily Word, author unknown CATLINES has moved to a blog at:
> bizcats.blogs.com/catlines/
> Visit us at our catly site:
> www.catliness.com
> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbwatlk_nfbnet.org/tishgifts%40