[nfbwatlk] audio discribed

Jedi loneblindjedi at samobile.net
Tue Mar 3 07:43:23 UTC 2009

Hi Tyler.

I do know of a couple of resources for getting described videos

. One is Blind Corners, but that's by invitation only. Get ahold of me
off list and I'll get you set up

. The second is through the SA Mobile Network. Technically, you pay for
a subscription for the SA mobile Network annually at $129.00 a year. If
you want the screen reader on top of that (System Access) and all the
associated services, you can pay $25 a month like I do. At that point,
you're essentially paying for a web service which probably costs less
than some of the web services available to the sighted. The SA Mobile
network not only has movies, but it also has television shows, internet
radio from a variety of sources, news feeds, a web site and blog
creation tool, forums where you can chat with other users in a safe and
secure web environment, music, weather info, and a ton more stuff.
System Access is one of those best kept secrets; it hasn't yet
penetrated the blind market at the rate it should. I expect that it
will once blind people see how cool this product is.

So there you have it. You have Blind Corners which gives you access to
movies only for free, or you have the SA Mobile network for a
relatively low cost that lets you get access to a boat load of stuff.
Either way, I can hook you up.