[nfbwatlk] Fw: IntelliTools - Kurzweil - Special funding may be available to you !

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 12 06:56:58 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: Richard Chance
To: lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 10:29 AM
Subject: IntelliTools - Kurzweil - Special funding may be available to you !

                        Jacob Struiksma  Struiksma ,

                        My name is Richard Chance and I am your Cambium Learning Accounts Representative for IntelliTools and Kurzweil products.

                        Attached is an article with important information about the Stimulus Package approved by Congress.

                        Thank you, Richard
                 Richard Chance
                        Educational Account Representative
                        Cambium Learning Technologies, Inc.
                        Kurzweil & IntelliTools
                        Sales Territory:  WA, OR, ID, AK, HI
                        Toll Free:  800-894-5374 ext 678
                        FAX Toll Free:  866-918-4497
                        Email:  rchance at cambiumlearning.com
                        Web:  www.cambiumlearning.com

                        Cambium Learning is the leading educational company focused exclusively on at-risk and special student populations

                  TODAY'S MESSAGE

                  Education Week (Online Edition)

                  Schools Would Get Big Boost in Stimulus Plan

                  Cash-strapped school districts could see an unprecedented $100 billion infusion of federal aid under a massive economic-stimulus package unveiled by House Democrats this week.

                  The overall measure, put forth Jan. 15 by the House Appropriations Committee, is aimed at providing a $825 billion jolt to the stumbling U.S. economy, and to help avert what could be draconian cuts in state and local programs, including education.

                  The more than $100 billion in federal spending for education in the stimulus bill would be nearly double the entire $59.2 billion discretionary budget for the U.S. Department of Education in fiscal 2008.

                  "We really have turned a corner here. This is a new era for education funding," assuming the plan is enacted, said Edward R. Kealy, the executive director of the Committee for Education Funding, an advocacy coalition in Washington.  Mr. Kealy, who has been lobbying for increased federal education spending for more than two decades, said he had never seen dollar amounts for schools like those in the proposed House stimulus plan.

                  "This makes a very strong statement that providing adequate funding for education and modernizing schools is a key part of the solution to this economic crisis," he said. "We hope this means that we can sustain that in future years. I know that's going to be a challenge."

                  Key existing programs would be targeted for major increases, including a $13 billion boost for Title I, which effectively doubles the amount of money the program received in fiscal 2008. The measure would provide an additional $13 billion for grants to states for students under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, more than the entire $10.9 billion appropriated for that program in fiscal 2008, which ended Sept. 30.

                  The measure also includes $1 billion for educational technology, including computer and science labs, and teacher technology training. And it would provide $250 million in competitive grants for states to create data systems that analyze individual student performance results to help bolster achievement.

                  EDUCATION FOR THE 21st CENTURY

                  We will put people to work building 21st century classrooms, labs, and libraries to help our kids compete with any worker in the world.

                  Education Technology: $1 billion for 21st century classrooms, including computer and science labs and teacher technology training.

                  IDEA: Infants and Families: $600 million for formula grants to help states serve children with disabilities age 2 and younger.
                  Here is a brief overview of the two products I represent.  I look forward to speaking with you in the near future.

                  Kurzweil Educational Systems' research-aligned technologies provide complete reading, writing, and study solutions to help all students overcome learning challenges and succeed academically.  Kurzweil 3000 is a reading, writing, and study skills solution educators can scaffold to meet the needs of struggling learners, including ELL students and students with special needs. It enables educators to provide differentiated instruction without having to differentiate the curriculum. Our Case Studies and Iowa Text Reader Reports illustrate student, teacher, and school successes.  Kurzweil 3000 for Windows Version 11, released in September 2008, brings reading and writing together with powerful writing features that support the student at every stage of the writing process.

                  IntelliTools Classroom Suite 4 - Pre K-5 Software for Building Reading, Writing and Math Skills Classroom Suite 4 is a unique intervention tool that combines direct instruction with a flexible tool environment to help students in grades Pre K through 5 achieve mastery in reading, writing and math.

                  Classroom Suite 4 provides students with explicit instruction, constructive practice and embedded assessments to allow teachers to gauge progress and individualize instruction for their students. Classroom Suite 4 includes research-based activity templates that can be used out-of-the-box, or easily customized to meet targeted needs. Lessons can even be sequenced into "intelligent" units to align with district or core curriculum.

                  Classroom Suite 4 features:
                  Reading instruction aligned with national standards
                  Math instruction targeting number sense and automaticity
                  Writing templates across many genres
                  Creativity tools for whole class instruction and student presentations
                  Early Learning activities for emergent learners
                  Cambium Learning is an education company that provides research-based, culturally responsive and proven instructional materials, services and technology to help educators raise the achievement level of those pre K through grade 12 students underserved by existing instructional materials.

                  Email:  rchance at cambiumlearning.com
                  Web:  www.cambiumlearning.com

                  Cambium Learning is the leading educational company
                  focused exclusively on at-risk and special student populations

      Forward email

            This email was sent to lawnmower84 at hotmail.com by rchance at cambiumlearning.com.
            Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribeT | Privacy Policy. Email Marketing by

      Cambium Learning Technologies | 100 Crosby Drive | Bedford | MA | 01730