[nfbwatlk] Fw: [wtbbl] WTBBL Now Offers Downloadable Digital Audio Books!

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu Mar 19 02:06:41 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "WTBBL" <wtbbl at list.statelib.wa.gov>
To: "Mike Freeman" <k7uij at panix.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 3:14 PM
Subject: [wtbbl] WTBBL Now Offers Downloadable Digital Audio Books!

Hello, Everyone,

We have exciting news we thought you might like to know.  Volunteers and
staff at WTBBL have started a pilot project to put our digital talking
books on our website and make them available for download.  There are
now 25 books on the AudioBooks <http://www.wtbbl.org/audiobooks.aspx>
webpage (www.wtbbl.org/audiobooks.aspx) of the WTBBL website.  These are
the first in our pilot project.  We anticipate adding new titles
consistently.  Although we think the quality of the books is good, there
may be some technical problems we are not aware of. If you find any
problems with the webpage or with the books, please report them to
Theresa Connolly at 1-800-542-0866 or email her at
tconnolly at secstate.wa.gov   This will really help us.  Feel free to
bookmark the Audio Books <http://www.wtbbl.org/audiobooks.aspx>  webpage
so you can return it easily.

In order to listen to these books, you will need a computer, a
high-speed internet connection, and an NLS-approved device such as the
VictorReader Stream, the LevelStar Icon, or the Braille Plus. To listen
to a book, first open the link to the book, then save the file to your
computer desktop, unzip the file, then load the resulting files onto
your device/player. To verify eligibility or to obtain downloading
instructions, please contact WTBBL at 1-800-542-0866 or 206-615-0400.

Enjoy reading and, please, let us know what you think.