[nfbwatlk] Comments

Nfbnorthwest at aol.com Nfbnorthwest at aol.com
Tue May 5 02:29:10 UTC 2009

I did not see a couple of the comments concerning my posting on the movie
blindness from 4-30-09; from CT and Kris. Can you forward them to me?

I am wishing to post my thoughts about this movie for those of us who have
not read the book or saw the movie. I think it would be a good learning
exercise  and may serve to remind all of us myself included about what role
each of us  plays in society. Are we reenforcing the myths or labeling? Are we
ourselves  perhaps being closed minded concerning blindness?

I was told not to discuss this movie on the list. I don't think that
censoring any member for posting their observations on the list concerning this
issue is being very fair or just. We have to deal with this issue every day.
I  will suggest on the other hand that if we do have a discussion about the
movie  (once I post my observations on the list); that if needed we can
have  discussions about it starting on the list than off the list.

I think viewing the movie is a great educational tool. It may point out mis
 conceptions or hidden fears. Who knows. I hope when I complete the project
and  post my observations that everyone will look at them with an open
mind.

Warmly:

Lisa Owen
**************2009 3 Free CREDIT SCORES: See Your 3 Credit Scores from All
3 Bureaus FREE!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221797372x1201397989/aol?redir=https:%2F%2Fwww.freescore.com%2FOffers%2FStart%2FFreeCreditRepor
tAndScore.aspx%3FID%3D91831F371F138345B53A153F49D4D872%26siteid%3De927580bf7
)