[nfbwatlk] Fw: Braille Training Grant Opportunity

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Thu May 14 21:00:44 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: <dorenefc at aol.com>
To: <dorenefc at aol.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 12:10 PM
Subject: Fwd: Braille Training Grant Opportunity

Hi All,

This is off-topic from work about a disabilities commission in Seattle,
but I am sending it for your consideration.

One of the people connected with the STAR Center came across this grant
opportunity. STAR by ourselves really does not have capacity to do
anything in time for this year, but I decided it's worthwhile to shop
around and see whether any potential partner has a project in mind
looking for funding. It's pretty short notice for this year and this
seems to be an annual renewable grant, but if anything fast comes to
mind I think STAR together with Digital Promise, another partner could
put
together some help with the grant writing!

Thank you in advance for whatever comments you want to offer about this
idea.

Dorene Cornwell
STAR Center Advisory Board.