[nfbwatlk] Encouraging News

Freeman,Mike - TOSD-DITT-2 jmfreeman at bpa.gov
Thu May 21 17:51:41 UTC 2009

Ben:

You are absolutely correct: NFB has been in the thick of the work to save the Oregon Commission for the Blind and to try to salvage what we can from the potential demise of the Oregon School for the Blind. I merely relayed the WCB announcement as it conveyed some new news. It is certainly understandable why WCB would mention ACB's participation; it would be remiss not to do so just as we would be remiss were we not to publicize NFB's efforts.

In fact, I don't know whether it came off or not but there was the potential for Fred Schroeder to have testified at the hearing today on the School for the Blind and/or to have participated in other efforts to buttonhole legislators and acquaint them with NFB's concerns that blind Oregonians not be short-changed in the illusory quest to save money.

As you say, we must be vigilant.

To the wall, comrades!

Mike Freeman, < K 7 U I J >