[nfbwatlk] Fw:Ford museum tour

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat May 23 18:34:46 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bryan Schulz" <b.schulz at sbcglobal.net>
Cc: <electronics-talk at nfbnet.org>; "List for teachers and trainers of
Webmaster's List" <nfb-web at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 23, 2009 10:39 AM
Subject: [nfbcs] ford museum tour

hi,

excuse the cross post.

I have seen several people asking about what tour would be possible to
experience so i called the Henry Ford museum.

I learned that especially if you are mostly or completely blind, you
will not likely enjoy the ford museum if you go by yourself as they do
not have assistant workers that walk around and answer questions and you
can't touch the cars.
The lady who answered the phone said you could easily spend about three
hours just
in the autos section.

It seems that the cars division should have already made the
contact/collected the information but there doesn't seem to be a list
for that group and nothing happens between conventions.

I plan to schedule my return flight later in the day so i can stop at
the ford museum which is half way between the marriott and the airport.

i explained that there will be 2,500 to 3,000 people at the convention
and didn't know how many would be looking to take a tour and we have a
antiques and hot rods group and they have provided cloth gloves in the
past so we could feel parts of the cars that were displayed.

the lady will call me back next week after she does some research which
will also give people some time to consider this plan;
email me if you want to be part of a group tour of 15 to 25 people which
will cost $150.
we will be provided with a guide that will tell us details about what
we're looking at like model, year, features, history, etc. and the guide
will assist us for 90 minutes.
After that time, you can explore more on your own or possibly pay again
for another session.

the proposed time would be somewhere between 12:00p and 3:00p so you
could have time to check out, eat lunch, then travel to the museum.

Bryan Schulz
The BEST Solution
www.best-acts.com