[nfbwatlk] FW: [Wcb-l] blindd woman struck in face

Alco Canfield amcanfield at comcast.net
Mon May 25 19:40:02 UTC 2009

  _____

From: wcb-l-bounces at wcbinfo.org [mailto:wcb-l-bounces at wcbinfo.org] On Behalf
Of Gaylen Floy
Sent: Sunday, May 24, 2009 8:00 PM
To: 'Carl Jarvis'; wcb-l at wcbinfo.org
Subject: Re: [Wcb-l] blindd woman struck in face

The Jeannie Square story aired Thursday, May 21 on CNN with Lou Dobbs. Parts
of the transcript have been picked up by bloggers. -- Gaylen
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0905/21/ldt.01.html

Okay, I should have caught the first of the story.  It happened a year ago
and the folks who came to her rescue were being honored this past week.
Here's what I could find on Google:

Seattle-Tacoma, WA (KCPQ) - It's been a year since a blind woman was
attacked on city bus in Seattle, Washington, and now the good samaritans
that came to her rescued were honored for their actions.

It happened may of last year, just before 11 in the morning. It was an
average day on metro bus number 3684 on route 18 that all changed near the
corner of 15th Avenue West and West Armor Street when a man got on the bus.

He looks like a normal guy until he paid his fare. Then, out of nowhere, he
punches the victim Jeannie Square in the face.

Witness said the man shouted "The sick must die" and let punches fly at a
defenseless woman.

"His initial attack was just, I mean she didn't know what hit her and she
was just, she got hit pretty good." Charles Capizano was sitting in the rear
of the bus. He saw what happened and wasted no time to get to the front of
the bus and stop the attack.

http://www.eset.com