[nfbwatlk] FW: [Wcb-l] new call center to only employeblindpeople

Kevin LaRose kevin at kevinlarose.net
Sun Oct 18 15:34:51 UTC 2009

What I did not find in this story was any indication that there was any
chance of upward mobility from these initial positions. The article does not
say, but I'd be willing to wager that supervisory positions are not held by
blind people and probably won't be. I kind of see this as a double-edged
sword; while it's great that some blind people have employment, I'd hate to
see them stereotyped into lifelong jobs of doing nothing but taking calls.
Disclaimer: Yes, I do have some rather strong feelings on this issue. <G>
Kevin L.

I'm protected by SpamBrave
http://www.spambrave.com/