[nfbwatlk] Youth at Convention

Denise Mackenstadt dmackenstadt at comcast.net
Tue Sep 8 11:38:46 UTC 2009

We are progressing with having a dynamic program to include young adults and youth at our fall convention.  We are planning a mentoring program which should enhance the convention experience for these young people.  We are still in need of individuals who would be willing to mentor one of these young adults.  You would be asked to spend time with a young adult or teen during the sessions.  We are planning a lunch in the Restaurant for mentors, mentees and family members if attending.  The greatest responsibility for a mentor at the convention is to make the experience of attending an NFB of WA convention educational, stimulating and most of all fun.  If you believe you can bring any of these experiences to a blind young adult or teen please contact me at cane.travel at gmail.com or at (206)419-9555.  Please remember what it was like when blind adults mentored you and gave you the gift of their experience.  You can pay it forward by mentoring a new young adult.
Denise Mackenstadt