[nfbwatlk] Silent Auction Items Needed for our Fall Convention

Denise Mackenstadt dmackenstadt at comcast.net
Sun Sep 27 16:45:25 UTC 2009

Mike has asked that I try to explain the Silent Auction and Family Feud
Game.  After banquet activities are going to be a little different this
year.  Hopefully, everyone will find it fun. A "Family Feud" Game is going
to be presented with out convention mentees and mentors as teams.  Ben Prows
is going to be the Richard Dawson type of MC.  The questions will be
compiled from surveys which will be done throughout the convention by the
mentors and mentees.  During the Game a silent auction will be taking place.
A silent auction is done without an auctioneer.  Usually the items are of a
smaller value.  Prior to the before banquet social tables will have displays
of items for auction.  Each item will have a bid sheet attached.  Each bid
will be of a minimum such as 50 cents.  The tables will close at different
intervals throughout the evening.  You will have opportunities to check out
the items and to bid throughout the evening.  This can be fun when two
people have a bidding war.  Each table will have a mentor to help with the
bid sheets and perusing the items.  If you have any further questions talk
to Gary Mackenstadt or Kris Colcock.
Denise Mackenstadt