[nfbwatlk] February 1 Hearing

Alco Canfield amcanfield at comcast.net
Wed Feb 3 21:02:27 UTC 2010

Hello, Everyone,

Congratulations to all who were able to attend the hearing yesterday on HB 2953.  I am guessing that there were about forty-one folks present.

As I sat listening to the varied testimonies of those I know well and others I am just getting to know,  I felt proud to be a part of the blind community.  We united our efforts and may have prevented what would have been a negative impact on services to the blind in this state.

I heard this morning that Representative Pedigru was so impressed by our presence and testimony that he is going to make a motion to kill the bill.

Three cheers for participatory democracy!   Keep up the calls!

Alco Canfield