[nfbwatlk] FW: Just hung up from talking with Lou Oma Durand

Alco Canfield amcanfield at comcast.net
Fri Feb 5 20:26:00 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Jarvis <carjar82 at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 12:12 PM
Subject: Just hung up from talking with Lou Oma Durand

Hi All,
Lou Oma called me a few minutes ago and among other things, told me that her contact in the governor's office said the bill appears dead for this session.
She also said that she and her management team have been working hard to ensure that the $100 thousand will not be taken from the Older Blind Program.  At this point in time she believes that this is pretty firm.
Lou Oma was very pleased with our meeting with Susan Dryefus, DSHS secretary.  She feels that we've made great strides toward a better working relationship.  Although I was on the telephone, which is not conducive to getting a good first-hand impression, I found Susan to be sincere in her desire to work together for the good of our participants.  We agreed to respect our differing positions regarding the location of Services for the Blind, and not become embroiled in personal attacks.
All in all I feel we have made progress in future working relations.

Carl