[nfbwatlk] Mobile Phone Apps from the UW

Alco Canfield amcanfield at comcast.net
Tue Mar 16 01:31:37 UTC 2010

Hi, everyone,

I just saw a story on Channel Four about various cell phone applications developed by a class at the UW. One was an app that vibrated Braille dots on the screen, rewarding the student with tokens for getting the correct answer. There was also an app that allows you to find restaurants in different areas. I think it may be a tactile map, but I'm not sure. Perhaps it's some kind of GPS. There was a virtual petting zoo that allows children to feed the animals and learn their names, etc.

The audience was advised to learn more by going to komo's web site: komonews_com. Actually, they said something a bit different, but I believe that general url will get you more information about this.

Alco