[nfbwatlk] the power of words

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat Mar 27 02:30:29 UTC 2010

I agree to some extent with both you and Noel. You have chosen wise words
below. However, as with most "mottos", there is, I contend, *no* word that
truly would fit -- which is why I hate sloganeering of any ilk. "Educating"
might work but it has some problems. "Promoting" may have the same problems
as "striving". Note that in the original NFB model: Security, Equality,
Opportunity, there was *no* verb. I suspect that Dr. tenBroek was far wiser
than we in eschewing anything but nouns. (smile)

Mike