[nfbwatlk] Kitsap County Chapter-Independence Expo

Ivan Weich ieweich at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 1 00:09:08 UTC 2010

Once again, it is time to make plans for our second annual Independence Expo to be held on Saturday December 4, 2010 at the Knights of Columbus Hall located at 2515 Burwell Street Bremerton, Washington 98310.  Doors will open to the public at 10 am and we will run until about 4pm.

Detailed directions and transit information will be sent in separate email.

This year, we are trying something different in that we are asking fellow Federationists to bring their favorite assistive device and/or adaptive techniques, and provide demonstrations on their usage.  This can include hobbies and self employment ventures.  We will only ask the commercial vendors to provide marketing materials and/or door prizes.  If you are interested in helping out at the event, please contact me via email at IEWeich at yahoo.com before November 27, 2010.   I am interested in folks with products by Humanware, Mke Hingson Group (KNFB Reader Mobile), Freedom Scientific, L&S, Vision Matters.  I am also looking for someone to demonstrate Newsline.

I am also asking for our affiliate officers (past and present) to attend and assist with questions about the NFB as I plan to have an open Q and A session in the afternoon.

Please feel free to share this information with your chapters.

Ivan Weich
President
Kitsap County Chapter