[nfbwatlk] FW: Reminder: Town hall meeting on Tuesday

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 9 06:10:15 UTC 2010

Not displaying correctly? View
<http://your.kingcounty.gov/MKCC/members/phillips/news/enewsOct262010/remind
er.html> here.

 Larry Phillips in Discovery Park
<http://your.kingcounty.gov/mkcc/members/phillips/news/images/D4_enews_banne
r.jpg>

 transparent pixel
<http://your.kingcounty.gov/mkcc/members/gossett/enews/images/transpixel.gif

Town hall details

Tuesday, November 9
6:30-8:00 p.m.

Seattle University
Campion Ballroom
914 East Jefferson St.
Seattle, WA 98122

Campus map
<http://your.kingcounty.gov/MKCC/members/phillips/news/enewsOct262010/campus
map.html>
Google maps
<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=914+East+Jeffer
son+Street,+Seattle,+WA+98122&sll=47.60635,-122.319716&sspn=0.014323,0.02394
7&g=914+E+Jefferson+St,+Seattle,+King,+Washington+98122&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=91
4+E+Jefferson+St,+Seattle,+King,+Washington+98122&ll=47.619992,-122.32049&sp
n=0.057275,0.095787&z=14>
Metro  <http://tripplanner.kingcounty.gov/cgi-bin/itin_page.pl> Trip Planner

  _____

Read the report on the Regional
<http://www.kingcounty.gov/transportation/TransitTaskForce.aspx> Transit
Task Force website.

Town hall meeting on Metro Transit

New report to guide major system changes

Please join me for a special town hall meeting focusing on our transit
system.

Metro is facing a cumulative deficit of more than a billion dollars over the
next five years and expects to cut more than 600,000 hours of bus service in
response. Nearly one-fifth of all bus service may be eliminated.

To respond to this crisis, the Council and Executive convened a regional
task force of transit stakeholders and experts to examine the current system
and recommend major changes. After seven months of work, the task force is
ready to present their findings.

This town hall meeting will be your chance to hear directly from task force
members on what they are recommending. After the briefing, you will have a
chance to provide public testimony on what you think should be done.

I hope you will join me for this important meeting on the future of our
transit system.

Sincerely,

Larry Phillips

 transparent pixel