[nfbwatlk] {Disarmed} FW: Reclaim Your Public Space on International PARK(ing) Day!

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 10 06:11:28 UTC 2010

 Transportation Action!
<http://media.whatcounts.com/onenw_transportationchoices/head.gif>

 Transportation Action
<http://media.whatcounts.com/onenw_transportationchoices/headline.gif>

Reclaim Your Public Space on International PARK(ing) DAY

Did you know that 28% of our land in Seattle is dedicated to roads and
on-street parking? It's time to reclaim some of that land back. Join us on
Friday, Sept. 17 for International PARK(ing) Day!

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=8eF5VUq5b6KWvDIClEgUf
D2Wuq39yM2q> PARK(ing) Day is an annual worldwide event that inspires city
dwellers everywhere to transform metered parking spots into temporary parks
for the public good. Last year, 744 spots were transformed into parks,
including 45 in Seattle!

This year, we're teaming up with some of our favorite friends to create
long, winding parks in downtown Seattle and Tacoma filled with games, prizes
and loads of outdoor fun. In Seattle, join TCC at 2nd Ave and University
Street, then snake your way up 2nd and along Union all the way to 4th Ave.
In Tacoma, we'll be along Pacific Ave between S 7th and 11th Sts.

WHAT: Outdoor fun, games and prizes at International PARK(ing) Day
WHEN: Friday, Sept. 17, 9am-3pm
WHERE: Downtown Seattle -
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=PuNIWeHK4Sr8qrJtiE8wJ
FnhQD0N9HsQ> 2nd Ave between University and Union; Union St between 2nd &
4th Aves; Downtown Tacoma -
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=pO3wfGefpvNfc2wCodi%2
B1z2Wuq39yM2q> Pacific Ave between S 7th-11th Sts

Brought to you by Transportation Choices Coalition, Streets for All Seattle,
Cascade Bicycle Club, Cascade Land Conservancy, Feet First, and Zipcar. For
more information about PARK(ing) DAY, check out
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=9NLsvczMk8CMfKAt6Nn7F
j2Wuq39yM2q> http://www.parkingday.org.

Jennifer Olegario
Development and Outreach Associate
Transportation Choices Coalition
811 1st Avenue, Suite 626
Seattle, WA98104
Phone: 206.329.2336
Fax: 206.329.2705

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ERHXAuF434W%2BvjUiadK
7Xj2Wuq39yM2q> www.transportationchoices.org

Are you getting emails for events in Seattle when you live in Spokane? We
may not have your correct address and phone number on file! If you have
moved or just aren't sure if we have your current contact information,
please email shefali at transportationchoices.org. We strive to provide you
with only the most pertinent information - from your city, your county, and
your legislative district - so please let us know if you're getting emails
from another area!

We respect the personal nature of email communication. Every effort is made
to offer only information on pressing transportation issues and involvement
opportunities. If you prefer not to receive emails from Transportation
Choices Coalition, please unsuscribe
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=4vG5z1mBnY9tS17RN5F4t
j2Wuq39yM2q> here. If you do not currently get our email Action Alerts,
please
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=6R8UviJqNGqJytE31NtWE
j2Wuq39yM2q> sign up here.

  <http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/TrackImage?key=245242410>