[nfbwatlk] FW: [Wcb-l] Fw: [leadership] ACB Reply Comments to FCCon Cell PhoneAccessibility

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Fri Sep 24 03:22:15 UTC 2010

I think ACB's comments are basically right on-target. I am a bit uneasy,
however, at the implication that lack of cellphone accessibility constitutes
discrmination in the legal sense. The road of "if the sighted have it, the
blind oughtta also" is a never-ending one in that the only way one can truly
satisfy its mandate is to regain or obtain one's sight.

That's not to say, however, that FCC shouldn't put a burr in the posterior
of cellphone manufacturers to make their products more accessible.

Mike Freeman