[nfbwatlk] Business Manager, Washington Dept. of Services for the Blind

Wed Aug 10 15:43:21 UTC 2011

Here's a bit more on the job.  Needs a quick application. Aside from the fact that you can't "click on the apply button", here's the job specs.  Go to the link in Noel's post for further information.

---------
Important Notice:
>From July 1, 2011, through June 29, 2013, a 3% temporary salary reduction is in effect for most state positions. The salary range noted in this recruitment announcement reflects this temporary reduction.  For specific information see:  Temporary Salary Reduction Info.
This recruitment is for the Business Manager. This position performs a key leadership role in the agency, and reports to and directly supports the Assistant Director for Business Services, and serves as the principle assistant for business management services.

This position manages a Fiscal Support team of four (4) staff, two (2) of which are direct reports.

DUTIES:

PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
This position accomplishes multiple functions directly supporting the Assistant Director, Business Services. The incumbent must possess a strong understanding of state budgeting and accounting as well as federal grants financial management.

Financial Management: This position is responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing all financial activities for the agency. The position manages the financial operations including overseeing federal grant management, purchasing, contracts, accounting, payroll, and budget activities. This position provides the vision and leadership to develop, administer, and control financial policies and procedures which support the agency's goals and strategic plan, comply with state and federal laws and regulations, and ensure control over agency assets and expenditures. In collaboration with executive management, this position is responsible for developing biennial and supplemental budget requests which will ensure the agency has the resources necessary to achieve desired outcomes. The position supports the mission of the agency through effective financial management to reduce the agency's financial risks thereby allowing the agency to efficiently carry out its services to the public.

Business Operations: In addition to and in direct support of the financial management duties, this position is responsible inventory control, risk management, safety, facilities and coordinating the strategic planning process ensuring compliance with multiple governmental oversight agencies.

Leadership: As a member of the Management Team, this position is responsible for leading staff in an integrated effort to support the agency mission and to achieve the agency's strategic goals. This role requires leading and supporting the Business Services Fiscal team in customer service efforts which enhance agency performance and positive outcomes. It also requires establishing effective agency-wide and external relationships to accomplish these objectives.

QUALIFICATIONS:

Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field required.
OR:  Four (4) years experience developing and managing state agency budgets and federal grants.

Expert knowledge of state automated budgeting and accounting systems.

Minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience.

Desirable Qualifications:
Master's Degree in Management, Business Administration or related field.

SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:

HOW TO APPLY:
To begin the online application process, click the green 'Apply' button at the top of this announcement. The following information must be included in your online application.

1) A letter of interest describing how you meet the qualifications for this position; and
2) A chronological resume.

Please be prepared to provide references at the time of interview. Applications will be screened and only those candidates who most closely meet the desired qualifications will be considered for an interview and further assessment.

For questions or information regarding this recruitment, please email Cherie Willhide at CherieW at dop.wa.gov. (Please note: emailed applications will not be accepted)

Supplemental Information
The selected candidate must pass the DSB FBI Criminal Background Check process.  Background checks, to include fingerprinting, are required for employees and applicants considered for positions within DSB when the employee will have unsupervised access to customers who are considered vulnerable adults or children.