[nfbwatlk] {Disarmed} FW: For the Victory! Hold their feet to the fire!

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 13 07:40:43 UTC 2011

THIS JUST IN: WE HAVE THE VOTES!

 Save King County Metro
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5153/images/kcmetrocrc-header.jpg>

Jacob --

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=W2MImv%2F0OH2I3QSE4Qm
tg4D%2FvJDCxW4d>

Hold
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=8ZQHCxudMkB0q%2BJESUG
kbYD%2FvJDCxW4d> the council's feet to the fire

Attend
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=FEJWb9UKvzO5sfb9Qh0%2
B5qCO9kpmpYAo> Monday's Decision

For several months now, County Executive Dow Constantine and Councilmember &
Transportation Chair Larry Phillips have worked tirelessly to gain the
support of their colleagues in order to pass the congestion relief charge to
save Metro.

Four weeks ago Julia Patterson (who represents Des Moines, Kent, Renton,
Tukwila) became the fifth councilmember to join, helping us secure a
majority of the council. But we still needed a sixth.

Today, two more councilmembers have expressed their support: Jane Hague
(Bellevue, Kirkland, Mercer Island), and Kathy Lambert (Redmond, Issaquah,
Sammamish). [1] That gives us the votes we need to save Metro!

Now, we must hold their feet to the fire.
Attend
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=PGlu0Xy7ITK922aMxHIrx
oD%2FvJDCxW4d> the council meeting on Monday at 1:30pm.

This is too important. Losing our buses would clog our roads, pollute our
air, and leave tens of thousands of people stranded at their bus stops.

But Councilmembers Julia Patterson, Jane Hague, and Kathy Lambert are
getting an explosive push-back from Tim Eyman and anti-transit lobbyists.

We need to continue to show our support.
Let
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=IO9S0DS%2BFA1ewaRZJcg
TuoD%2FvJDCxW4d> us know you're coming to the council meeting.

Together we got this far. We sent more than 15,000 petitions. Testified more
than 5,000 times. Lined-up outside of public hearings for hours. Made
hundreds of calls to councilmembers.

Together we will win.

Thanks for everything you've done. See you on Monday!

-Brock

Brock Howell
Field Director
Transportation for Washington

P.S. If you cannot attend Monday's meeting, ask
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=FNi6y5lNmlo8l8vjgZC3f
oD%2FvJDCxW4d> 5 friends to go in your place.

P.S.S. If you haven't yet written
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=8uWL%2BPyI3jcu8gJawfg
Q74D%2FvJDCxW4d> a letter to the King County Council, send
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=MMp2LVt3%2B1M9ZcYIeBd
VJ4D%2FvJDCxW4d> one now.

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=vrY47b2gPTImFaGwbLIxW
oD%2FvJDCxW4d> Join us on Facebook

Join
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=sWdNO3FqBfZ%2Bps3hLSE
B5YD%2FvJDCxW4d> us on Twitter
#SaveKCMetro @T4WA

------------
Footnote:
[1] The councilmembers who support the saving Metro are Joe McDermott, Larry
Phillips, Larry Gossett, Bob Ferguson, Julia Patterson, Jane Hague and Kathy
Lambert (listed in order of when they announced their support). The two
remaining councilmembers who have not yet agreed to support saving Metro are
Pete von Reichbauer and Reagan Dunn.

  _____

T4Washington.org
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=9RO5Q%2FssXbTr7dasiKo
NVYD%2FvJDCxW4d>  | Privacy
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=bMED%2FIsqkbC7CjVhGxb
ff4D%2FvJDCxW4d> Policy | Unsubscribe
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=oOUbxSRELb12hnvmByyb9
4D%2FvJDCxW4d>

  _____

Transportation for Washington is a campaign led by Futurewise and
Transportation Choices Coalition and supported by groups and individuals
representing environmental, health, faith, labor, business, and public
office communities.

  <http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/TrackImage?key=601335785>

  _____

.