[nfbwatlk] From Hawk Mail

Fri Aug 26 15:43:45 UTC 2011

Here's the normal Friday (sent to me on Thursday evening) message.   Go Seahawks.

/s/

Bennett

\

August 25, 2011

Seahawks Travel to Denver on Saturday

[cid:image001.png at 01CC63CC.3870DA60]The Seahawks close out their preseason road schedule this week as they face the Denver Broncos this Saturday evening on August 27 at 6pm.

The game will be televised on KING 5 in Seattle. Curt Menefee will serve as the play-by-play man, with Warren Moon moving over from his radio duties to handle commentary. On 710 ESPN Radio and 97.3 FM is Steve Raible joined by former Seattle linebacker Dave Wyman with Jen Mueller handling sideline duties.

The last time these two AFC West rivals faced off in the preseason was on August 22, 2009, with Seattle coming away with a 27-13 victory at CenturyLink Field. That was the Seahawks first win in eight preseason games against the Broncos.

In the regular season, the teams have squared off 52 times with Denver holding a 34-18 series advantage. Meeting 52 times, playing twice a year from 1978-2001, Seattle has played no other team more. Seattle has faced only one other team at least 50 times (Oakland-51).

Last year, Seattle traveled to Denver and dropped a 31-14 decision on September 19. It was the fifth-warmest game in Seattle history with a kickoff temperature of 91 degrees, with on-field temperatures exceeding 105 degrees."