[nfbwatlk] FW: [Blindtlk] Polocies Against The Blind...

Fri Dec 16 19:37:39 UTC 2011

Mike and Listers,

First, I believe DOJ may be able to investigate as you speculate under Title III of the ADA.

Also, Section 504, (remember 504?) still applies to those recipients of Federal financial assistance.   Not knowing whether this blood bank or its "corporate office" get FFA, the gentleman may file a complaint with HHS anyway.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Anyway, just my two cents.  Something else to put on the cross of blindness.  (grin;.)

Bennett
-----Original Message-----
From: nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Mike Freeman
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2011 11:16 AM
To: nfbwatlk at nfbnet.org
Subject: [nfbwatlk] FW: [Blindtlk] Polocies Against The Blind...

Apparently, at least one of the situations cited by Dr. tenBroek in his "The
Cross of Blindness" speech from 1957 still happens. Read on.

I believe, however, there is one mistake in what the good pastor told the
manager: I don't think any Federal antidiscrimination statute applies unless
a blood donor site is a place of public accommodation, program or service.

Anyone who sees no need for the NFB should ponder the message below.

Mike Freeman