[nfbwatlk] Gov. Gregoire proposes strategies to create a seamless early learning to career education system, Govern's Press Release, January 5 2011

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Wed Jan 5 22:43:12 UTC 2011

This ought to get *most* interesting.  I'm afraid she's treading on the toes of numerous constituencies, each of which has its own turf, not to mention its own ideas of what constitutes a "world-class education".  For instance, the goals of Evergreen State are quite different from those of, say, Central Washington.  And one wonders how secondary schools will maintain national accreditation if their school requirements (as in what goes on during the senior year in high school) are changed.

And we haven't even gotten to blindness or people with other disabilities.

Bottom line: while we must be ever vigilant, I don't see how such an ambitious overhall can be accomplished while at the same time trying to trim the budget.  I can't believe the Republicans would be very happy with such a monolithic education establishment.

Mike