[nfbwatlk] {Disarmed} FW: Crisis and Opportunity

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 5 23:18:19 UTC 2011

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=a8yriagwtpktd3JQ3M47A
ODPy0I%2Fc3pr> Streets for All Seattle

Dear Jacob,

Imagine King County Metro cutting bus service by 17 percent.

Consider that more than 175 bus routes will be slashed, reduced, or even
eliminated.

Think about how this will dramatically affect the lives of hundreds of
thousands of people across King County.  Many people rely entirely on King
County Metro buses to get to work, school, hospital, and church.  In fact,
36% of commuters in King County use the bus.

This is the last thing we need at a time when more and more people need
transit to get to work and avoid high gas prices.  Cutting 600,000 transit
hours will force people to drive, making already crowded highways and roads
even more congested.  It will also strand thousands of people who depend on
bus service as their only means of transportation.

We simply can't allow this to happen, and we need your help to make sure
that it doesn't.

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=mOrOvrdvEq3YZqT2NAzjn
ODPy0I%2Fc3pr> Tell the King County Council to support stop-gap funding to
save bus service.

Streets For All Seattle coalition partners worked hard this legislative
session to give the King County Council an additional local funding option -
a one-time temporary "congestion relief charge."

But unless we can get two more supporters on the King County Council in the
next three weeks, the "congestion relief charge" will not pass and Metro
will have to cut service.

Want to tell the King County Council in person to save bus service?  Attend
the next public hearing.  Let us know which you can come to:

*	Wednesday,
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=IRI9siSI8ermYdYmZKhjp
eDPy0I%2Fc3pr> July 6: Kirkland City Council Chambers, 123 Fifth Ave.,
Kirkland

*	Tuesday,
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=K5PZw3BK%2FxBT1hepjRp
p9%2BDPy0I%2Fc3pr> July 12: King County Courthouse, Council Chambers (10th
Floor), 516 Third Ave., Seattle

*	Thursday,
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Cyjx%2FzEPHAZlRxJeTu7
SF%2BDPy0I%2Fc3pr> July 21: Burien City Council Chambers, 400 SW 152nd St.,
Burien

Fortunately, things are not all gloom and doom; in fact, there's an exciting
opportunity on the horizon.

Stay tuned for important information about how you can ensure the Seattle
City Council seizes an opportunity to build a better transportation future
for Seattle.

But for now, please join us and help save bus service in King County.

1.	Tell
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=JocAOMlq4gIljaVdtI5W3
%2BDPy0I%2Fc3pr> the King County Council to support stop-gap funding to save
bus service.

2.	Attend
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=VGvcJDWjF9nF51tKAJxKf
uDPy0I%2Fc3pr> the next public hearing.

Thank you for all that you do,

Craig M. Benjamin
Co-Founder, Streets For All Seattle

  _____

You're getting this email because you signed up for updates or to volunteer
on our website, or because of our relationship. We do not sell or otherwise
share any email addresses in our database. Click
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=zyRTC9JK%2BMxXLlBebqR
ncuDPy0I%2Fc3pr> here if you wish to to unsubscribe to all email.

 <http://www.salsalabs.com/?email> empowered by Salsa
  <http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/TrackImage?key=558959047>

  _____

.