[nfbwatlk] WABS

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Jul 10 17:30:56 UTC 2011

Humberto:

The organization is known as "NFB of Washington Students". At the moment, it
is moribund, its last president, Jedi Moerke, having gone to Louisiana Tech
to get her O&M degree. Its Secretary is deceased. We have a few high school
students but they were not involved in organizing the NABS affiliate.

I would be pleased as punch to revive the affiliate and make it a going
concern. The problem to date has been one of personnel: we haven't had
enough college-aged people to undertake extensive recruiting. WE will have
events for blind youth at this fall's convention but I suspect most of them
will be of high school age. This is definitely not a drawback but makes it a
bit more difficult to keep an active organization going.

We'd be pleased for you to join us.

Mike Freeman, President
NFB of Washington