[nfbwatlk] Chapter Meeting

goldbeckjm at comcast.net goldbeckjm at comcast.net
Sun Jul 10 18:58:26 UTC 2011

Hello Les,

I wanted to know if you could invite a representative from the campaign to Preserve Our Buses Clark County to come speak to an upcoming chapter meeting.  This is the campaign behind Prop. 1 that will be on the ballot in November 2011, to keep C-Tran running at current levels of service.

The contact person for the campaign is Heather Stuart 521-6255 (local cell phone number).

If Prop. 1 does not pass here are just a few of the cuts to service:  12 routes eliminated - 2, 3b, 9, 19, 35, 39, 41, 44, 47, 105, 157, 177.  Sunday/Holiday service eliminated, eliminate service to July 4th, Clark County Fair & Amphitheater events, eliminate Camas Connector, Span reduced to 6:00am till 7:45pm on Saturdays.  There were more cuts, but it was too much to list.

I am volunteering to pass out materials at the Battle Ground Harvest Days for the campaign to Preserve Our Buses.  It is the same date/time as the NFB meeting.  What are the details of the August meeting?

Could the NFB Clark County chapter please offer their endorsement of Prop. 1?  Please visit www.preserveourbuses.com to do so.  Perhaps you could discuss it at the meeting next Saturday.  Thank you.

Julie Goldbeck