[nfbwatlk] FW: NBP-Announce: June print/braille Book Club Selection: Ferdinand!

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 8 20:43:52 UTC 2011

June 2011 Book Club Selection
The Story of Ferdinand
By Munro Leaf
Print/braille edition, $7.99
In contracted braille
Ages 4-8

What else can be said about the fabulous Ferdinand?

All the other bulls would run and jump and butt their heads together. But
Ferdinand would rather sit and smell the flowers. So what will happen when
our pacifist hero is accidentally picked for the bullfights in Madrid?

Ferdinand's day in the arena gives readers not only an education in the
historical tradition of bullfighting, but also a lesson in nonviolent
tranquility. The Story of Ferdinand closes with one of the happiest endings
in the history of happy endings - readers of all ages will drift off
dreaming of sweet-smelling flowers and contented cows.

To order or read more about this book online, visit
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/BC1106-FERDINAND.html

And don't miss our excellent Father's Day gifts: Braille "Dad" or "Daddy"
key chains! Order soon to get them in time for June 19th.
Check out the key chains at:
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/KEYCHAIN-DAD.html

******
To order any books, send payment to:
NBP, 88 St. Stephen Street, Boston, MA 02115-4302 Or call and charge it:
toll-free (800) 548-7323 or (617) 266-6160 ext 520.
Or order any of our books online at
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/publications/index.html .