[nfbwatlk] FW: [Bicyclng Blind] Summer Update

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 14 21:18:11 UTC 2011

Like watching movies and reading books? Check out our new link listing
recommended books and movies.
http://bicyclingblind.org/links/recommended-books-and-movies Send us your
ideas!

Did you finish your cycling profile? If your profile is not complete, you
won't appear in a search, no one knows you want to ride. Sighted users check
by going to the User Locations link. If you don't appear on the USA map,
then your profile wasn't finished. Stokers check by logging in and making
sure you typed in your zip code and answered all the questions.

Searching for a stoker or a captain? Sighted users go to the User Locations
link to find stokers. To find a Captain go to the Stoker's Hub link and
click on find a captain. Type in your zip code and the distance range for
your search and click Apply. A list of captain's profiles will show up.
Then, with a few clicks, you can learn the city and state where the captains
reside. First, open a user's profile, move to the Location section and click
on the link Google Maps. At the top of the new page it says, "Screen reader
users: click here for plain HTML". That should give you the city and state.

Want a bicyclingblind.org sign for your bike? They are $5, which includes
postage. See our blog for a photo.

Has our website worked for you? If you've connected, or been inspired by our
blog, or learned more about blind tandem cycling, please add your
testimonial.  Click here http://bicyclingblind.org/testimonials

Can you contribute? If you've benefitted from our website, pleaseconsider
making a monetary contribution. Thank you.
http://bicyclingblind.org/donate

Enjoy your summer and thank you for sharing the ride!