[nfbwatlk] {Disarmed} Emailing:C-tran job posting-drivers license required?

Ivan Weich ieweich at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 5 03:19:30 UTC 2011

This has been my long time beef with potential employers.

My contention, is that if the essential functions of the job do not require driving a car, then the drivers license requirement is not a bona fide requirement and it is my perception that the drivers license requirement is designed to screen out disabled persons or other affected persons.

I do not buy the employer's argument of "liability" or "there will always be a time that you will be asked to drive the agency car," nor do I buy the argument of "to ensure that the worker gets their _ _ _ to work."

The plain reading of the announcement shows that the drivers license requirement is artificial criteria.  That is my long time opinion.

This is just my opinion.

Ivan