[nfbwatlk] NFB of Washington Caucus at National Convention

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu May 19 02:17:04 UTC 2011

Hi, Debby.

Frankly, we of NFB are used to people propagating a distorted view of our
message, goals and policies. We threaten the status quo and that threatens
quite a number of people.

But let me be clear: while there is no requirement to attend sessions, if
people don't regularly attend them, it's noticed and the delinquent
attendees may be in for a bit of ribbing, i.e., "Hey! Didn't see you this
morning! Did ya sleep to late or was that roll in the hay *that* good?" It's
more in the nature of all those messages urging that we vote. It isn't a
requirement for citizenship but there's quite a bit of get-out-the-vote
propaganda out there.

As for untruths about ACB, I don't know; since ACB puts all its stuff out on
the Internet, it's pretty easy to observe its workings. I will say, however,
that, just as in NFB, there's a lot of politicking going on behind the
scenes even though some in ACB don't want to admit it. (smile)

Mike