[nfbwatlk] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] Braille Readers AreLeadersContest

Mary Ellen gabias at telus.net
Sat Oct 1 00:23:25 UTC 2011

No, you don't need to be a member of NFB to participate in the Braille
Readers Are Leaders contest.  Books read with refreshable Braille are fine,
provided you have some way of determining how many pages are in them.  If
you use the print page count, you'll be cheating yourself out of Braille
pages, since it takes at least two, and sometimes three, pages of Braille to
equal one print page, if we're talking about a large print book with small
print and little white space on the page.