[nfbwatlk] The ICEB General Assembly

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Sat Apr 14 15:18:50 UTC 2012

Hello all

As many of you probably know, South Africa will host the next General
Assembly of the International Council on English Braille (ICEB). It will
take place on 6-10 May this year at the Samrand Protea Hotel in Midrand.

For those interested, you will be able to listen online to the whole
conference. Hanif Kruger has kindly set up a website and the audio streaming
facility for us. You are welcome to have a look at the page, but currently
there will just be an intermittent audio stream. The live broadcast will
begin on the morning of 6 May when the action starts. There is widespread
international interest in following proceedings and you are all invited to
listen. Many very interesting braille related topics will be handled. If you
have any comments or questions you wish to submit to the conference, there
will be an e-mail address for that purpose.

Remember, all this will go live on 6 May. Go to the following page where you
will find a link to listen:

www.iceb2012.net

The e-mail address you will be able to use to get your thoughts to the
conference, is:

live at iceb2012.net

I wish to express our deep gratitude to Hanif for setting this up for us so
quickly and efficiently. Hanif will be spending those five days with us to
take care of the streaming. We appreciate this, Hanif. The international
braille world is already very much impressed with what we will be doing.

The ICEB General Assembly takes place once every four years. During the 21
years of the existence of ICEB, this will be the first direct live streaming
of the General Assembly. Four years ago in Melbourne, Australia, the
conference was also streamed, but it was delayed by a few hours. This time
the world will hear things right as they happen here in South Africa.

So, join us online and let us have your comments and thoughts, please.

Many thanks again to you, Hanif.

Kind regards

Christo