[nfbwatlk] FW: Your Undriving News - Spring!

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 24 06:28:56 UTC 2012

<http://cts.vresp.com/fbl?562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/http%3A%2F%2Fhosted-p0.vresp
.com%2F290055%2F562f6e00de%2FARCHIVE%23like>
<http://cts.vresp.com/ts?562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/http%3A%2F%2Fapi.addthis.com%
2Foexchange%2F0.8%2Fforward%2Ftwitter%2Foffer%3Ftemplate%3D%257B%257Btitle%2
57D%257D%2B%257B%257Burl%257D%257D%26url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fhosted-p0.vres
p.com%252F290055%252F562f6e00de%252FARCHIVE%26shortener%3Dbitly%26title%3DYo
ur%2BUndriving%2BNews%2B-%2BSpring%2521>
<http://cts.vresp.com/ls?562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/http%3A%2F%2Fapi.addthis.com%
2Foexchange%2F0.8%2Fforward%2Flinkedin%2Foffer%3Ftemplate%3D%257B%257Btitle%
257D%257D%2B%257B%257Burl%257D%257D%26url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fhosted-p0.vre
sp.com%252F290055%252F562f6e00de%252FARCHIVE%26shortener%3Dbitly%26title%3DY
our%2BUndriving%2BNews%2B-%2BSpring%2521>

Click
<http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/290055/562f6e00de/1304019351/75c9c7eb03/
> to view this email in a browser

 EmailHeader6_10bWeb
<http://img-ak.verticalresponse.com/media/a/2/5/a25a033384/562f6e00de/650059
acdd/library/EmailHeader6_10bWeb.jpg>

"Quote...Unquote"

"Liveability means being able to take your kids to school, go to work, see a
doctor, drop by the grocery or Post Office, go out to dinner and a movie,
and play with your kids at the park - all without having to get in your
car."
-US Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood

(sounds like Undriving!)
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/0677da5ebf>
LogoGold 2

Catch the Undriving Spirit!

 <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/d379e801a5>
CarUseVideoMexico 2Watch this brilliant lil' video from Mexico about the
societal costs of driving - then get out there and Undrive!

 <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/2e08173c2c>

 <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/1246f789ff>

Your tax-deductible contribution of any size will help fuel Undriving!
Donate <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/9e44ae34b5>
online <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/4b04ba418a>
or mail a check to:
Undriving/Urban Sparks
4229 Baker Ave NW
Seattle, WA 98107
Thank you!

JOIN US IN SOCIAL MEDIA-LAND TOO:

 <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/68ecdd609b>

 <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/17f4c7ec4c>

Greetings, Undrivers!

 <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/b7f60aa3e4>
EtchArideIt's Earth Day - hope you are spending it outside, and out of cars!
 <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/47cae0afe9>
What's that dragon? Check it out!  It's the result of a Baltimore bike-rider
looking at things differently, just like licensed Undrivers do every day.

All of Michael J. Wallace's trips start out in Baltimore, but they end up
wherever his imagination takes him - using GPS like an Etch-a-Sketch. Fun!
So what do YOUR trips look like?  Get out and play!  And if you don't bike,
you could walk 'em, or urban-hike
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/10c4b248ca> ,
kayak, etc....

In a week, Bike to Work - and School - Month will be underway.  Are your
bike tires pumped? There's still a week to tune up your ride and get ready
to roll.  In Seattle, join Cascade's Group
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/ab7d6e03af> Health
Commute Challenge, and in Olympia, Intercity Transit's Bicycle
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/f9b4a7b2dc>
Commuter Contest awaits your registration.
 <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/0da8c1d42b>
getupandride
And no matter where you live in the US, you can join the Get
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/6479e99700> Up and
Ride challenge - running from May to October!  Great prizes, trip-tracking,
and more - check it out.

All set? Great! Now, how could you nudge, encourage, cojole, or assist
others to get on a bike, too? Fix someone's flat? Help a co-worker find a
safe bike route?  Start a Bike-to-Work team? Show someone how to put a bike
on a bus? Go forth and spread the Undriving love!
 <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/b913660688>
Thanks for Undriving - whatever your favorite mode is,
Julia Field, Founder/Director

Undriving in the News

Last month, Julia Field was honored by the Alliance for Biking and Walking
with the Susie Stephens Joyful
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/413c7a528b>
Enthusiasm Award. This is for all Undrivers!

And... a Nice writeup on Undriving in Crosscut
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/34c805b6b7> !

 <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/dc1eb1f68d>

 <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/b0d13bee05>
GiveBIG 2

GiveBIG to Undriving!

The  <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/9bd05c4fc9>
Seattle Foundation's 2012 GiveBIG day is coming up, and we welcome your
support!  Help us spread Undriving to other communities, and get the
Undriver Licensing StationT out and about for a full events season this
summer.  The first $1,500 of your donations will be matched by the Undriving
team! (in addition to the Seattle Foundation's match) Watch your inbox and
our Facebook page on May 2! (Big Thanks also to Urban
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/342b773a9d> Sparks,
fiscal sponsor for Undriving.)

 <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/e044d75c4f>

Lite Reading for Undrivers:

Streetsblog: Why
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/e4075f6bc9> are
Three Out of Four Cyclists on the Street Men?

The Atlantic: Guerrilla
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/35e4018a04>
Wayfinding in Raleigh
Grist:
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/ca045b00c1/utm_sour
ce=Sightline+Newsletters&utm_campaign=559283b9ec-SightlineDaily&utm_medium=e
mail> High Gas Prices? Whatevs - My Phone Gets Me Where I Want to Go

Grist:  <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/f7f431cb0e>
Slow Ride: Buses are the New Vehicles of Youth Rebellion

Want more? Posted almost daily on our Facebook
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/076c6461f6>  and
Twitter <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/eb7f66d24c>
feed

Get Licensed!

 BallardHigh4_12 3
<http://img-ak.verticalresponse.com/media/a/2/5/a25a033384/562f6e00de/f9cd23
48c3/library/BallardHigh4_12%203.jpg> Last week we licensed 76 Undrivers at
Ballard High, over lunch!  And on April 28th, we'll be in West Seattle with
CoolMom
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/bccf5c5afc> to help
kick off their "Think Outside the Car" Campaign. Come
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/2820e5a1de> see us!

You  <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/0ddce85549>
can also order licenses online - 2-for-1 - great gifts for the Undrivers in
your life!

  _____

About Undriving: Undriving
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Undriving/562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/2020d43e8d> T is a
non-profit that reduces car use through individual behavior change.  Our
innovative Undriver LicensingT program engages people of all ages to
experiment with and discover new ways of getting around.  We are dedicated
to scaling and spreading this successful, community-generated program.
Contact us <mailto:julia at undriving.org>  for more information about hiring
the Undriver Licensing StationT, or becoming an Official Licensing Partner.

 redgoldstripe
<http://img-ak.verticalresponse.com/media/a/2/5/a25a033384/562f6e00de/abee97
0ace/library/redgoldstripe.jpg>

  _____

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please reply to this message
with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line or simply click on the following
link: Unsubscribe <http://cts.vresp.com/u?562f6e00de/75c9c7eb03/mlpftw>

Click
<http://oi.vresp.com/f2af/v4/send_to_friend.html?ch=562f6e00de&lid=130401935
1&ldh=75c9c7eb03> here to forward this email to a friend

Undriving
c/o Urban Sparks
4229 Baker Ave NW
Seattle, Washington 98107